Register For Real Estate Salesperson Exam
Are you ready to take on the real estate salesperson examination? To do so, you must be registered for the RES examinations.
Here, you will understand what is needed to register for the RES exam and what the pre-requisitions are before registering for the exams.
Let’s get started.
Table Of Contents
Procedures To Register For The RES Exam
Registering for the RES examination is a simple 3-step plan:
The first step is to check if you have met the minimum pre-requisitions as per registration standards.
If you have not met the minimum requirements, you would not be allowed to register for the exam.
Wondering what are the pre-requisition? Fret not, we will cover them in the next section.
The final step is to head down to any of the three registration centers to complete the registration.
Important: Please remember to bring down all the required documents to the centers as they will need to verify that you have met the pre-requisites for registration.
After the verification process is completed, you will have to make payment to complete the registration.
Pre-Requisitions For Registration
- Must have 4 GCE “O” Levels passes taken at not more than two sittings, and the passes must be for different subjects; or
- HIGHER NITEC; or
- WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (Speaking, Writing, Listening, Reading and Numeracy) = Level 5; and
- Must have successfully completed the new RES course.
Submission Of Qualifications For Assessment
- Candidate who wish to submit their qualifications (e.g. overseas qualifications, private diplomas etc.) for assessment by CEA to determine if they meet the minimum educational qualification requirement may do so through the Approved Course Provider (ACP) they intend to enrol for the RES course.
- An administrative fee of $53.50 (inclusive of GST) is payable for each application submitted.
- Candidates must complete the CEA Qualification Assessment Request Form and attach all supporting documents, and they must also produce the original documents to ACP for verification.
- CEA will inform the candidate of the outcome of the assessment.
- Qualifications assessed to be accepted in lieu of 4 GCE “O” Level passes, for the purpose of RES/REA course registration, RES/REA examination registration and registration to be a salesperson or KEO/practicing director, are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of CEA’s notification of the acceptance.
- A fresh application has to be re-submitted to CEA for qualification assessment once the 3-year period lapses.
To complete the registration for the RES exam, individuals must contact and head to one of the three listed registration centers.
Devan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability
80 Jurong East Street 21, Level 2, Singapore 609607
– Weekdays: 9am – 5pm
– Saturdays: 9am – 1pm
– Sundays and public holidays: closed
*Estimated waiting time is around 20 minutes for non-peak hours.
NTUC Trade Union House
73 Bras Basah Road, #02-01, Singapore 189556
– Weekdays: 9am – 6pm
– Weekends and public holidays: closed
LHub Industry Skill Centre @ Benoi
EMS Building, 60 Benoi Road #01-08, Singapore 629906
– Weekdays: 9am – 6pm
– Weekends and public holidays: closed
*Estimated waiting time is around 30 minutes for non-peak hours.
Note: candidates are advised to avoid peak periods like Saturdays and between 12pm to 2pm or 5pm to 6pm on Mondays to Fridays because of the long waiting time.
Documents Required For Registrations
Candidates have to bring the following documents to the registration centers for verification before finalising the registration.
Original RES Course Completion Certificate
If your course completion certificate is beyond the 2 years validity period from the RES course completion date. Candidate must retake the RES course and receive a new RES course completion certificate before registering for the exam.
Original Highest Qualification Certificate
If you have more than one certification and am unsure on which is determined to be the highest qualification, bring all of the certification to the registration center as the officer behind the counter can better advise you.
CEA Qualification Assessment Approval Email Notification
This is only applicable for candidates with private/foreign qualifications. In addition, if the previous CEA qualification assessment email is beyond the 3 years validity period from the date of the CEA acceptance email notification, candidates would have to request for a new assessment from CEA.
NRIC Or Passport
This is to verify the identity of the individual registering and taking the exam.
Previous Exam Results
This is applicable to candidates registering for the modular retaking of one paper.
Exam Registration Fees
For candidates taking both papers, the exam registration fees is $246.10 while past candidates who are retaking only one paper will have to make a $149.80 payment.
*The fees payable is inclusive of GST.
I have registered for the rES exam, what is next?
After you have registered for the RES exam, you should receive an acknowledgement slip and email stating the venue and timing of your exam.
Important: if the acknowledgement slip and email acknowledgement displays a different information. You must give a call to NTUC learning hub at 6336 5482 to verify the correct exam details.
The next step would be to prepare for the examinations: you can start by understanding what the RES exam syllabus is and start to study.
The whole process may be long and tiring but it will be well worth it once you complete and pass the exams.
There is however a way to shorten your learning curve while making the process so much more enjoyable.
That is to get someone with the experience and formulaic system to help others reach the same heights as he once did.
If you are interested in exploring this solution, we welcome you to our RES coaching seminar where we will share more about how our system has helped many others conquer the RES examinations.